For the purpose of this agreement the company TLC Limited, hereafter known as”TLC” and the student, hereafter known as “the student”
Your privacy is our top concern. We work hard to earn and keep your trust, so we adhere to the following principles to protect your privacy:
- Any sensitive information that you provide will be secured with all industry standard, protocols and technology.
- Notice of all changes that materially affect ways in which your personally identifiable data may be used or shared will be posted in updates, to the website, to our Data Protection Policy.
- If you continue to use TLC website after notice of changes have been sent to you or published on our site, you hereby provide your consent to the changed practices.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customers details with any 3rdparties
- What personally identifiable information of yours does TLC collect?
- How the information is used.
- With whom the information may be shared.
- How you can access and change your Account information.
- What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected by TLC Limited
Once you are ready to complete our on-line assessment form, you may provide additional information in the specified sections. You shall need to provide your name, address, contact numbers etc. Providing additional information beyond what is required at registration is entirely optional, but enables you to better identify yourself and find new opportunities within TLC website.
As per our malpractice and plagiarism policy, if plagiarism is detected the assessor will notify the learner via email giving reason and justification and also showing where the plagiarism was found. The student will then have an oppirtunity to re submit a new complete portfolio for reassessment and pay an additional reassessment fee of £85.00
All students will be advised of their course completion dates within their enrolment email. All portfolios are required to be received by TLC no later that 4 weeks prior to the “completion date” to allow for assessment. Should the student feel they require more time to complete their portfolio then a discretionery extension can be applied for. 4 months or 8 months depending on circumstances of which the standard fees apply. Failure to apply for an extension and your portoflio is received by TLC after the completion date TLC will advise you via email. In this case, a course of action can be discussed at the Directors discretion. See “Administration Fees” for full extension costs.
Award Combined Registration and Certification Fee’s
TLC course fees are subject to an additional combined registration and certification fee for each award.
Should a candidate wish to be registered with the awarding body and receive your course certificate the combined registration and certification fee must be paid in addition to any course fee’s.
The combined registration and certification fees vary as per awarding body and course. These must be paid at the end of your course once all homework is submitted and successfully passed. TLC reserves the right to change course fees in line with annual reviews without notice.
All fees are subject to change at any time and current charges can be obtained from the Academy direct.
Cookies & Log Files
One type of cookie, known as a “persistent” cookie, is set once you’ve completed the assessment form. The next time you visit TLC website, the persistent cookie will allow us to recognise you.
Due to the communications standards on the Internet, when you visit TLC web site we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the site. We also receive the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, as well as the name of your ISP. This information is used to analyse overall trends to help us improve TLC service. The linkage between your IP address and your personally identifiable information is never shared with third parties without your permission or except when required by law.
Children are not eligible to use our service and we ask that minors (under the age of 16) do not submit any personal information to us or use the service.
TLC Limited was formed with the sole purpose of assisting people in getting back into work within the UK. Upon our Students receiving accurate information regarding our services, they may decide to use our services in order to gain additional knowledge.
TLC will communicate with you through email and notices posted on this website. Please be aware that you will always receive certain emails from TLC related to the proper functioning of your account, such as email notices when another user in your network sends you an opportunity. TLC may send you promotional information unless you have opted out of receiving such information.
Information you provide upon completing your registration form shall be used to enhance your opportunity in finding recruitment.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
TLC takes the privacy of our users very seriously. We will never sell, rent, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to any third parties for marketing purposes. We will only share your personally identifiable with third parties to carry out your instructions and to provide specific services. These third parties do not retain, share, or store any personally identifiable information except to provide these services and are bound by strict confidentiality agreements which limit their use of such information.
We may provide aggregated data about the usage of our services to third parties for such purposes as we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate. We may segment our users by role (i.e. product managers, managing directors), industry, and geographic location, company. If you would like to be excluded from the aggregated research or products based upon aggregated data about our users’ activities on the site, please email customer service.
Partnering with Other Organisations to Offer Combined Services
TLC partners with other online services to give you the combined results of both services. Whenever we offer such combined services it will be your choice to make use of the combined services or not, and in these cases, your personally identifiable information will only be passed from TLC to the partner if you choose to use the combined service.
Communications between Users
Many emails you initiate through TLC will list your email address and name in the header of the message. Emails you initiate may also provide aggregate information about you. Other communications that you initiate through TLC website, like a request for contact, will list your name as the initiator but will not include your personal contact information. Your contact information will only be shared with another user if both of you have indicated that you would like to establish contact with each other.
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law. We will disclose such information wherein we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on our company or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We may retain certain data contributed by you if it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally-identifiable data, or if required by law. All retained data will continue to be subject to the terms of TLC Data Protection Policy that you have previously agreed to.
In order to secure your personal information, access to your data on TLC database is password-protected, and sensitive data is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and our web site. To protect any data we store of yours on our servers we also regularly audit our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Changes to this Data Protection
Questions or Comments
Customer Service Department,
The Learning College
Single or “one-off” payments
- If you use the Service to make a single payment, we will provide you with information relating to that payment both before and after you instruct us to make the payment
- This information will be made available to you:
- On the web-pages we show you before your payment is executed
- In any email we may send you, and
- In this notice of “Key Payment and Service Information”.
- We do not charge you to send a single payment via the Service (although a charge may be levied if your payment involves a currency conversion or is levied by another person, for example via your credit card company)
- The information that you must provide us to make a single payment will include your credit or debit card details and other information which will be set out on the web pages where you instruct us to make the payment
- The payment will be executed within 3 business days after you give us your payment instruction
- TLC works to the below administration fees:
- Cancellation of Course £50.00
- Administration of a Payment Plan £50.00
- Missed Payment on payment Plan £15.00 per missed payment and reinstatement of course access
- Continued assessment referral fee £85
- Plagiarism further assessment fee £85
- General admin fee £45.00
- Extension Fee (2 months) £69.00
- Extension Fee (4 months) £99.00
- Restart (8 months) £129.00
Collection of Outstanding Fee’s
The purpose of this document is to communicate to staff, students and company debtors the company strategy for the avoidance of bad debtors arising, in meeting the company’s financial obligations. This policy sets out the framework within which debt management will be administered within the company.
TLC is committed to reducing the probability of bad debts arising. The company will ensure that a robust debt management procedure is adhered to by all relevant staff and is applied to all company and student sales transactions.
After the 7 working days have elapsed we will not accept a refund request and any returned materials will be refused delivery. You remain liable for all fees plus any additional charges incurred for administration, failed direct debit payments/auto payments or credit control, including legal fees if appropriate.
This policy applies to all staff with any involvement in the sales process. The company operates a policy whereby companies are required to pay for a service (course) in advance of the course commencing, or at an agreed interval if authorised by the Director of Finance.
Students are required to pay their course fees at the time of registration, unless agreed otherwise by the Director of Finance.
The company operates an interest free instalment plan, which can be applied to students if they, at the time of registration, have difficulty meeting the full cost of the fees or whenever a student falls into arrears with their payment (refer to the instalment policy for guidance).
The instalment plan is not intended to be applied to companies, however in exceptional circumstances, this can be considered and approval sought from the Director of Finance.
All outstanding debts to us must be made before we will issue you with a diploma or certificate.
We reserve the right to refuse enrolment on any of the courses we offer.
If you are using a credit agreement and paying for the course by instalments, you agree to pay the instalments promptly and on the dates specified in the credit agreement, irrespective of the speed at which you are studying. If you are issued with a new card, please notify us as soon as possible so that we can update our records. If you are paying by instalments and your card is declined or you miss a payment for any other reason, we will notify you by email and then letter, and your course account will be locked.
The Director of Finance is responsible for managing this policy.
The Directorate is responsible for ensuring that the company management and staff adhere to this policy.
Appropriate members of the Finance staff and relevant company staff are responsible for the effective operation of the Policy and Procedures.
All courses are delivered through our learning platform. The course period is delivered in the timeline that is in relation to the course content and does vary from dependant on that particular course.
Debt management and debt collection are two key activities that facilitate the effective recovery of debt owed to the company and reduce the probability of bad debts occurring. There is one main categories of debtors; student.
Students are expected to pay their course fee at the time of registration. Failure to register will initiate a personal invoice and non-payment will result in the student being removed from their course of study. The company has the legal right to claim the recovery of the debt from a student through court proceedings, however prior to taking this action and in accordance with the company’s Financial Regulations, the company will maintain dialogue with a student and under specific circumstances retain course certificates pending payment of outstanding fees.
In accordance with the ‘Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998’ the company is entitled to charge on any debt outstanding after 30 days.
Debt Management and Debt Collection
When an agreed payment plan payment fails, TLC reserves the right to suspend any login areas to the course with immediate effect and follow up with the student for payment.
Debtors who have received approval from the Director of Finance and are not paying in advance will be issued with a request for payment. This will clearly state the date, name, address, reference number, details of service provided, price of service and methods of payment.
Cancellation of a Direct Debit outside of the cooling off period does not cancel the agreement between yourself and TLC therefore an alternative method of payment must be arranged. Failure to notify us of cancelling your direct debit will constitute to a breach of terms. Payers will then be liable to pay the whole balance outstanding immediately.
You must ensure funds are available in your designated bank account in order for us to process payments on the agreed days. If the payment fails without notice charges will apply. For every 7 days overdue a £15 charge will be added.
If your account remains in arrears for more than 31 consecutive days we reserve the right to pass your details on to an external collection agency who will be instructed to collect the due balance on our behalf and an additional 15% will be added to the balance outstanding.
If at the end of this process an instalment plan has not been agreed and the fees remain unpaid, then students will be removed from their course of study by the Course Manager and Director of Finance.
Students who fail to pay their debtors prior to referral to the Director of Finance will be blacklisted for future applications to study at the company and also from using the company’s facilities.
Debt Management Control
The Director of Finance is responsible for providing management with the following information to enable informed decisions to be made:
- Student doubtful debt by age, value, type and action taken.
- Details of accounts undergoing debt management procedures.
- A position statement on each debtor’s account.
- A monthly report (including cumulative) on doubtful debt considered as bad debt.
- A report on proposed debt for write-off and debt written-off, plus balance outstanding against the bad debt provision.
Doubtful Debt Considered as Bad Debt
Once all options have been exhausted to recover outstanding debts, a report to consider whether to follow on with legal action (after 90 days), should be prepared for the Directors of Finance’s attention.
In very exceptional circumstances, debt to be written-off will be ratified by Senior Management.
Review of Policy
This policy will be reviewed every 12 months or whenever changes affect it, whichever is earlier.
No liability for unauthorised use of an account
- While we are not generally liable for a User’s access to, and use of the Service, we will not hold our Users liable for any unauthorised use of their account by any third person, provided that we are satisfied that the User has not acted deliberately so as to enable any third person to gain access to their user ID and/or password
- We will attempt to resolve any dispute relating to the provision of the Service or to the Agreement via our customer service centre
- Where we cannot resolve a dispute, a User may either complain to the UK Financial Ombudsman Service following completion of our internal dispute resolution process or sue us in the courts of England and Wales (or you’re local Court if you are a consumer). You may also complain to the European Consumer Centre (ECC-Net). You may obtain further information regarding the ECC-Net and how to contact them at (http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/redress_cons/) you may access and obtain information regarding the Financial Ombudsman Service at http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk. You may also refer an unresolved dispute in writing to our regulator, the CSSF at the following postal
- address: Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) 110, Route d’Arlon L-2991 Luxembourg.
- The legal relationship with our Users is interpreted according to the laws of England and Wales
- Force majeure applies when there are no agreed terms of business between you “The Student” and TLC.
- In the event that you receive service from TLC and there are no agreed terms of business and evidence of presentation of our terms of business can be provided the terms of business as shown upon this document will without prejudice apply.
Security & Privacy
TLC protects your financial information with industry-leading security and fraud prevention systems. When you use PayPal, your financial information is not shared with the merchant. Once your payment is complete, you will be emailed a receipt for this transaction.
Acceptance of TLC Terms and Conditions include acceptance of the cancellation policy available on TLC website address: https://www.thelearningcollege.co.uk/cancellation-policy/
In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, which replaced the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you may cancel your course anytime within fourteen working days after you receive your course materials whether in hard copy or online.
To cancel your course you must send a signed, written notice via recorded delivery to the Cancellation and Conversions Department at our registered address in Staffordshire (cancellations by telephone will not be accepted). All cancellations are subject to an administration charge.
In line with The Consumer Rights Act 2015, you also have a 14 day right to change your mind and get a full refund for digital content, i.e. Online courses, that you have purchased, unless you have already started to download it.