*A placement in a school is NOT required in order to study and complete this qualification*
CACHE Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification:
Teaching Assistant Unit 1 – Schools and Colleges as Organisations
- Understand the structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- Understand how schools and colleges are organised in terms of roles and responsibilities
- Understand teamwork in schools and colleges
- Understand educational ethos, mission, aims and values
- Understand the purpose of policies and procedures in education
Teaching Assistant Unit 2 – Support Health and Safety in a Learning Environment
- Understand hot to plan and provide environments that support children and young people’s health and safety
- Understand how to recognise and manage risks to health, safety and security in a learning environment or during off-site visits
- Understand how to support children and young people to assess and manage risk for themselves
- Understand appropriate responses to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness in the learning environment and during off-site visits
- Understand own role in assisting in the administration of medication
Teaching Assistant Unit 3 – Understand how Children and Young People Develop
- Understand the expected pattern of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years
- Understand the factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these affect practice
- Understand how to monitor children and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
Teaching Assistant Unit 4 – Understand how to Safeguard Children and Young People
- Understand legislation guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- Understand how to work in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- Understand the need to ensure children and young people’s safety and protection in the learning environment
- Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- Understand how to work with children and young people to support their well-being
The Teaching Assistant Qualification
Qualification reference number – 603/2495/8
Credit Value – 12
TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism (RQF) Qualification course:
TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism (RQF) Qualification course is designed for people who either are, or wish to become, a Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant.
SEN Teaching Assistant – Unit 1 – Understand Autism
SEN Teaching Assistant – Unit 2 – Understand communication and social interaction with individuals with autism
SEN Teaching Assistant – Unit 3 – Understand hot to support and manage transitions for individuals with autism
SEN Teaching Assistant – Unit 4 – Understand positive behavioural support for individuals with autism
SEN Teaching Assistant – Unit 5 – Understand safeguarding and resilience in the context of autism
SEN Teaching Assistant – Unit 6 – Understand the therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occuring conditions.
Qualification reference number – 603/3203/7
Credit Value – 23
Guided Learning Hours – 189
TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health (RQF) qualification course:
The TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health (RQF) qualification is perfect for anyone looking to start or qualify in working with Mental Health individuals.
This qualification will cover the following:
Mental Health: Mental Health Unit 1 – Y/616/9907 – Understand mental ill health
Mental Health: Mental Health Unit 2 – J/616/9904 – Understand the context of mental health and wellbeing
Mental Health: Mental Health Unit 3 – R/616/9906 – Understand the issues and consequences of mental health conditions
Mental Health: Mental Health Unit 4 – L/616/9905 – Understand the promotion of mental health and wellbeing
Mental Health: Mental Health Unit 5 –D/616/9908 – Understand working in mental health
The Mental Health Qualification Specifics
Qualification reference number – 601/4647/3
Credit Value – 16
Study Time – 153 hours
Qualifications Assessment Process:
Assessments are a great way of checking your progress allowing you to apply your learning to real-world situations. Through the Teaching Assistant Level 3 (RQF) Course | Autism & Mental Health by NCFE CACHE & TQUK, you will be assessed by a series of written assignments, which are submitted to and marked by your tutor.
All assignments are set by NCFE CACHE & TQUK. Upon verification of the activities, exercises and assignments, a certificate of achievement will be awarded by NCFE & TQUK, as confirmation that your written work has met all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the teaching assistant course.
Please note: There is no examination required for these qualifications as they are all assessment based.
What’s included with the qualifications?
You will have access to a qualified 1-2-1 tutor throughout your qualifications. You can contact your Tutor by email, zoom lessons, phone and direct message system. Your Tutor will mark your work and guide you through your qualifications step by step to help you prepare for your assignments. Your study material is all guided learning via our Learner Management System (LMS), this makes learning as simple as possible along with being enjoyable! Full tutor support iwill always be available.
Study Hours are an approximate figure and are dependent upon how much time you can dedicate to your teaching assistant studies and how well you grasp the learning concepts in the course material. You should allow enough time to complete assignments/ question papers to ensure satisfactory outcomes are met.
The approximate amount of time required to complete all qualificatrions is 462 hours